White Rose DTC Staff
Preçis of the research interests of each of the permanent members of staff on the Physical Methods and Life Sciences course, with links to their university's official staff pages where you will find more information:
- Dave Brockwell (finance): My research interests are in the characterisation of mechanical resistance in proteins using AFM (more information).
- Ramin Golestanian (examinations): My research interests are in soft condensed matter, and how this can be used to develop molecular machines (more information).
- Sarah Harris (student liaison): My research interests are in the theoretical modelling of protein and DNA configurations.
- Graham Leggett (course leader, Sheffield University): My research interests are in the areas of nanoscale analytical science, scanning probe microscopy, nanotechnology, biomaterials and the physical chemistry of surfaces (personal page and research group).
- Jonathan Mills (DTC administrator - Leeds).
- Tom McLeish (course leader, Leeds University): My research interests are in the field of condensed matter physics, concentrating on polymeric dynamics, but encompassing related problems in other complex fluids (more information).
- Gwendolen Reilly (admissions): My research interests are in the field of cell biomechanics, biomaterials and cell differentiation, with the objective of developing an understanding of tissue engineering for clinical applications (more information).
- Pat Mellor (DTC administrator - Sheffield).
Above right: A 3D rendition of the Topoisomerase II protein, whose job is to allow two stretches of DNA to pass through each other.